RCN 21st October GP Circuit

Informationen und Hintergründe.
Antworten
Alan Cherry

RCN 21st October GP Circuit

Beitrag von Alan Cherry » Di 07.Aug, 2007 17:53

Firstly - Apologies for writing in English
Can anyone provide me with information on the RCN round on 21st October on the GP circuit please ?
I would like to enter for the event, and have a UK national A racing licence, and a letter from my ASN allowing me to run abroad. I also have an email from the DMSB saying this is ok.
My options for the car would be :- Either use my UK spec Opel Asdtra GSI ( ex european grpN endurance car ) I'm not sure if the fuel system would be legal in Germany, and I have written to herr Eicke Blumke ( Technical scrutineer ) but not had an answer yet. Next option would be to use a Rover Tomcat that I am preparing, but I'm not sure if it will be finished in time. The third option would be to hire a car- any suggestions please ? how much would it cost? any reccomendations or places to avoid ?
I understand that the event will be in 2 x 26 lap parts - Can we use a different driver for each part ? and does that driver have to be the navigator in the other part ?
Finally, we would like to stay over and do some laps of the Nordeschleife on the monday afternoon - any reccomended hire cars ? as I'm told that the Ringhaus Polo is now badly damaged, and if I bring a race car over for the RCN, I will be driving a Transit and Trailer ( and I'm no Sabine ! )

Many Thanks

All information greatly appreciated

Alan Cherry

any other information relating to the RCN would be welcome
p.s You can mail me directly on alan.cherry@btinternet.com

Uwe Erdmann

Beitrag von Uwe Erdmann » Mi 08.Aug, 2007 15:08

hi Alan,

What kind of fuel system do you have in your car? If it's stock I don't see any problems. If it's fitted additionally (race cell) it needs to have a FIA homologated fuel cell "bubble" not older that 5 years (FIA regulations). The Fuel cell needs to be fitted in a sparate storage/case... these are the basic regulations, of course there is some more details to fulfill, e.g. fuel hoses etc. But if they are well made I don't see many problems

Alan Cherry

Beitrag von Alan Cherry » Mi 08.Aug, 2007 16:35

Uwe,
Good to hear from you - hope things are going well.
The car used to have an FIA bag tank in a metal enclosure in the spare wheel well at the back of the car. The Tank was out of date, and could not be re-validated, so I had another tank made by Brise engineering from aluminium ( It is foam filled, and sits inside the metal enclosure, but not FIA approved ) Herr Blumke has replied to my letter, and he wants some photos of the installation, so I'll just have to wait and see. If I can get the Rover Tomcat ready in time, it will not be a problem, as this has a standard fuel tank.

Do you know how the meeting on 21st October works ? I know it is 2 x 26 lap events on the GP circuit - Can we change driver/Navigator after the first event - If we use 2 drivers do we need a navigator ? What we would like to do if possible would be for myself to drive the first 26 laps, then my friend to drive the second half if possible.

Thanks
Alam
p.s. I have sent you a pm

Uwe Erdmann

Beitrag von Uwe Erdmann » Do 09.Aug, 2007 14:27

Alan Cherry hat geschrieben: ...Do you know how the meeting on 21st October works ? I know it is 2 x 26 lap events on the GP circuit - Can we change driver/Navigator after the first event - If we use 2 drivers do we need a navigator ? What we would like to do if possible would be for myself to drive the first 26 laps, then my friend to drive the second half if possible....
Hi Alan,

yes, I'm still around at the ring... :D
The meeting on the GP track usually works in a way that there are two separate events with 26 laps each. Both count togehter at the end, but are also evaluated separately.

You can share your dirver's seat with annother driver, making 26 laps each. You don't need a navigator (even if it's allowed to have one). The majority of drivers do not have one due to weight reasons.

Hope that it works out for you regarding the tech specs and we could meet at the ring!

Cheers,
Uwe

Antworten