Deutsche Teams willkommen in Lydden Hill/GB im Juni 2009

Wettbewerbe abseits der Eifel.
Antworten
Jörg Ufer

Deutsche Teams willkommen in Lydden Hill/GB im Juni 2009

Beitrag von Jörg Ufer » Mi 31.Dez, 2008 17:14

Viele Briten kommen regelmäßig zur Nordschleife – ob nun als Teilnehmer bei VLN oder RCN oder einfach nur zum Touristenverkehr. „Warum sollen nicht auch mal Deutsche nach Großbritannien kommen?“ fragt Alan Cherry, seit Jahren begeisterter Starter in der RCN mit einem Rover 220 Turbo.

Jeder, der mal auf einer der 14 britischen Rennstrecken Clubsport live gesehen hat, weiß, wie voll die Starterfelder, wie günstig die Kosten und wie hoch die Kameradschaft unter den Aktiven ist bzw. sind. Und – vom Nürburgring aus betrachtet - liegt Lydden Hill beispielsweise näher als Oschersleben. Lydden ist rund 8 Kilometer von der Hafenstadt Dover entfernt, die Fahrtstrecke ab Nürburgring sind rund 460 Kilometer und mühelos in wenigen Stunden zu schaffen.

„Ich habe daher mit dem Veranstalter der Zweitagesveranstaltung am 27. und 28. Juni in Lydden Hill gesprochen und man würde sich sehr über Deutsche Starter freuen“, sagt Alan Cherry. „Unter anderem gibt es dort Rennen zum 50. Geburtstag des Minis, für welches sich bereits fünf Deutsche angemeldet haben. Daher musste die Veranstaltung als NEAFP ausgeschrieben werden, womit Ausländer startberechtigt sind.“

„I spoke to Rod Barley, a leading UK club driver in our series, and a committee member of BARC SE, who are organising the event, and he expressed an interest in inviting any drivers from the RCN series if they were interested. Not just Minis, any Cars.

They would need a German National A licence, if a car is OK for the German rules, there should be no problems with the UK rules. The races are shorter than the RCN, and if anyone entered the event, they would get a qualifying session, and two races of probably 15-20 minutes each. They are straight races, with no pace laps etc etc.

There would be at least 3 different series racing over the weekend:

- DMN – Steel bodied saloons, slick tyres etc – but entry will probably be full.

- Front engine Cannons Tin Tops- Like the RCN series, but must have road tyres.

- Front Engine Intermarque saloons – almost anything – fibreglass bodies, space frames etc etc front/rear/mid engine.

However, if there were say 4 or more people interested in racing, Rod could always run a ‘Guest’ class, so anything could run provided it was safe.

A Barbecue is being planned for the Saturday evening. If anyone is interested, Lydden is only 8km from Dover docks, and 19 km from the Channel Tunnel terminal. Checking prices with Norfolkline ferry today, travelling from Dunkerque to Dover return, with a car or motorhome and trailer, is quoted at approximately 114 Euro crossing Friday evening, and returning Sunday evening.

Looking at this years entry fees, and knowing how much the circuit hire has increased, I would guess that the entry fee would be somewhere around 210 Euro.

I should point out that Lydden is also a proper race circuit as well as having the Rallycross track. If anyone is interested, it would probably be easiest if they contacted me first, and I should be able to answer any questions. The best way to contact me is at:

alan.cherry@btinternet.com

Quelle: www.motorsport2000.de

Alan Cherry

Beitrag von Alan Cherry » Mo 05.Jan, 2009 12:53

With the UK pound getting worse compared to the Euro, it should be even cheaper now.I guess the entry fee in pounds will be about £180, which is now roughly 180 euro!
Even if you are only curious, rather than sure you would like to race at Lydden, please feel free to mail me directly with any questions.
(even if you would just like to come over and watch, and have questions, please ask.)

Happy New Year to All

Alan

alan.cherry@btinternet.com

Alan Cherry

Beitrag von Alan Cherry » Mo 05.Jan, 2009 17:50

Here is a link to some laps of Lydden in the 'Baby class of the DMN
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcyVZOHZqA

Alan

Alan Cherry

Beitrag von Alan Cherry » Fr 29.Mai, 2009 1:07

It seems that we have 5 German teams entered in the Mini Races.
There is still room for entries in the 'Tintops, Series - So you would be welcome in almost any saloon car - RCN,VLN, one make,Dacia etc etc. Qualifying and first race on saturday, second race on sunday with a free barbecue for all the teams on saturday evening.
If anyone is interested, please contact me on alan.cherry@btinternet.com - even if oly enquiring about where to stay, or any other information you may want.

Alan

Antworten