RCN - 16th August

Fragen bzw. Suche-Anzeigen zum Thema Nürburgring.
Alan Cherry

RCN - 16th August

Beitrag von Alan Cherry » Mo 28.Jul, 2008 15:38

Guten Tag,
Sprechen Sie English bitte ?. does anyone know the timetable for the GLP/RCN rounds on 16th August ?
We are coming over from the UK to compete in the RCN, and we are trying to book hotel rooms. I think that the LMS 1000km is on the GP circuit the same weekend, and all the hotels are very busy. The nearest hotel we can find with rooms is at Bad Munstereifel ( about 56 km away) - If the timetable for the RCN is in the afternoon, that won't be a problem, but if we need an early start, it could be.
Also, we have only raced at the ring using the gp paddock before, any tips on the paddock used for the ' northloop would be welcome.

Many Thanks
Alan

Car no 135

Uwe Erdmann

Beitrag von Uwe Erdmann » Mo 28.Jul, 2008 16:25

Hi Alan,

nice to read you again :)

The timetable should be pretty much standard: GLP in the morning, RCN starting around noon. All on Saturday. I will keep you updated on the details once they are available.

As far as I know, the paddock will be at the "Touristenfahrten" entrance this time as the regular paddock is occupied that weekend.

Stefan Jäger

Re: RCN - 16th August

Beitrag von Stefan Jäger » Mo 28.Jul, 2008 16:28

Alan Cherry hat geschrieben:Guten Tag,
Sprechen Sie English bitte ?. does anyone know the timetable for the GLP/RCN rounds on 16th August ?
We are coming over from the UK to compete in the RCN, and we are trying to book hotel rooms. I think that the LMS 1000km is on the GP circuit the same weekend, and all the hotels are very busy. The nearest hotel we can find with rooms is at Bad Munstereifel ( about 56 km away) - If the timetable for the RCN is in the afternoon, that won't be a problem, but if we need an early start, it could be.
Also, we have only raced at the ring using the gp paddock before, any tips on the paddock used for the ' northloop would be welcome.

Many Thanks
Alan

Car no 135
http://www.r-c-n.com/index.php?inhalt=formulare

On this side you can get infos about the timetables.
Since today there ist no timetable for the 16th of august.
It will be arrived one ore two weeks before the race.
Normaly RCN is starting at the early afternoon (1 to 2 o'clock PM),
technical check is from 9 to 12 o'clock, drivers briefing from 12 to 12:30.

In the GLP Competition the first car will be finish at 12 o'clock.

I think it's no problem to drive from Bad Münstereifel to the Nürburgring
in the morning without time problems.

Best regards
Stefan

*** Uwe war schneller*** :lol:

Alan Cherry

Beitrag von Alan Cherry » Mo 28.Jul, 2008 16:39

UWE, Stefan
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll book the hotel then !

Moderator2

Beitrag von Moderator2 » Mo 28.Jul, 2008 18:02

Okay guys,

I have moved this tread to the "Frage & Suche" section of the forum.

Uwe Erdmann

Beitrag von Uwe Erdmann » Mi 06.Aug, 2008 14:08

hi Alan,

here's the timetable available now:
http://www.r-c-n.com/bin/2008/RCN%20Aus ... 201608.pdf

Detailed description regarding the specific situation (paddock etc.) will follow!

Uwe Erdmann

Beitrag von Uwe Erdmann » Do 07.Aug, 2008 11:22

Latest information says, that the RCN paddock will be at the "Touristenfahrer" entry of the track, not in the historical paddock as usual. The reason for this is the 100km race in parallel which will be held on the GP-track.

he scruitineering will be possible on Friday from 20:00 on or as usual on Saturday morning. All in the "BMW Pavillon" at the "Touristenfahrer" entry.

Alan Cherry

Beitrag von Alan Cherry » Mo 11.Aug, 2008 10:59

Uwe,
Thanks for all the information. It sounds like it will be quite chaotic on saturday. Someone said that they use the car park on the other side of the roundabout for the RCN paddock, but I don't remember it being that big. Also, I think they are opening the scrutineering on friday evening, so I may get the car scrutineered then.

Thanks
Alan

Uwe Erdmann

Beitrag von Uwe Erdmann » Mo 11.Aug, 2008 14:16

Yes, scruitineering is open on Friday evening at 20:00.
The car park beside the Touristenfahrer entry is available for parking, there is also a large area behind the actual parking that can be used (if it's not too wet, because it is just some grass there)

The "official" paddoc will be on the (public) road at the entry, the road is closed for public until 17:00. So the only tricky thing will be to get the race cars loaded again before it opens up for public or tp drive them away on the car park. Let's wait and see, we will manage somehow... :wink:

Antworten